PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 6th Jul 2006, 08:20
rick0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Becoming a pilot

Hey all,

As you can tell, i'm new here. I'm not 100% sure if this is the right forum to post this topic in? if it's not, I'm sorry

Anyway, I was wondering if you could give me some advice. I'm currently 15 - 16 in August - and have just finished my GCSES's and i'm going to 6th form next school year. Well, i've pretty much set my eyes on becoming a commerical pilot latley and I was wondering what the best steps to becoming a pilot are.

I'm not particulary clever and my results probabaly arn't going to be A's - mostly C's + B's. I'm hopefully going to study Psychology, Applied ICT and Graphics Art.

I presume I'll need to pay for training but that's not too much of a problem, I dont know how much it costs but i've got £15k saved up and is currently growing and I could probabaly stretch to £30k depending on the situation.

Generally I think I oculd become a pilot, but my eyesight's not that good - I wear glasses for watching TV etc - is that a big problem?

Thanks for reading