PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2006, 04:56
212man

Received 333 Likes on 185 Posts
"The major reason given for the 8/4 roster used to be the Brits did not wish to go on holiday out of the country in order to meet the Inland Revenue requirement to stay out of the country to avoid tax. The 7/5 was a compromise and stop gap when they were having manning problems a while back"

Yeah, strange that, seeing as BHL used to be a British company an'all!

"Hey Honey I'm home, hey why can't you take the kids outta school for 4 weeks, so we can go on vaycayshun (for the third time this year)? Whadya mean it's illegal?"

"Hey Honey I'm home, Gee, gotta scoot off to Teneriffe for 4 weeks on a cheap lastminute.com deal this leave so as to stay legal with the IR: I hate it but them's the rules!"

SASless, 6 and 6, or 7 and 5 do not suit everyone, and don't give me that "holiday in Spain" cra*p! Not every BH(N)L pilot is a 60 year old American Batchelor (or 35 year old Peruvian/Malaysian/Belgium/German/Australian/Canadian/Indonesian/South African/Indian/Jamaican/Did ah miss one????)

Hey, you may not have worried about Mr Taxman breathing down your neck, but plenty of us have!

It's not a request for sympathy; it's a straight fact of life!!!

(Apologies for c**p accent!)

PS. Cavertonmanagement: I still don't have pointy shoes (can't beat worn desert boots) , but now have an S-92 rating; does that compensate?

Last edited by 212man; 6th Jul 2006 at 13:25.