PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helderberg: The Mystery Solved?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2006, 02:13
Meckanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger With Malice

HS,

Unfortunately I have had to be a little vague, it was possibly necessary to list the book as fiction as there are no real names in the book, however, there are titles, positions, locations, etc. In order to get this past my lawyer and a judge, sometimes one has to jump through some pretty strange hoops. I was seriously annoyed by this request to change names, but, even though it does shield the guilty to some extent, it also protects the innocent. I haven't listed any of the really nasty excerpts from the book such as information on the arms trade, corrupt ministers, the Helderberg, etc. but the Prologue is there along with an incident in Soweto, a run in with the Canadian Ambassador and the back cover text detail (a few pictures as well). It should give you a reasonable handle on what is contained within the book.

Part One of the book examines life in South Africa being attached to Armscor and their 'associates', and what I had to do there (I chalk it up to being socially responsible). After all, freedom fighter or soldier, it's just two sides of the same coin, is it not? In addition, contained in the first 11 chapters is technical information I shouldn't have if I wasn't there, on military bases, border installations, keypoints and their systems. Part Two is largely about a business manipulation and potentially criminal activities in Canada in regards to government ministers, institutions and the private sector (man, can I pick 'em). As I said in the description on the webpage, in the first half the gun is my hand, in the second half it's to my head.

At roughly a quarter of a million words, I probably should have split this into two books, but there is continuity between the first and second parts. It shows that South Africa and Canada are not so different when it comes to politics, greed and power struggles.

Meckanic

Last edited by Meckanic; 6th Jul 2006 at 15:40.