PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A big warning to wannabes
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2006, 22:53
Mercenary Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im sorry you feel that way piperindian. I can sympathise with what you say. I'm rated on the 737 but cant even get an airline interview nevermind a full time job. However, I have managed to get a little air-taxi work. There so much I dislike about what I do and a few years ago I wouldn’t have put up with any of that ****e.

Thing is, when I line up on the runway, ease the throttles up to full power, rotate and select the gear up....none of that matters anymore, im doing what I wanted to do since I was a small child and that is to fly. Sounds corny but aviation has given me so much, great friends, long term goals, life experience, people skills and so much more. I couldn't imagine doing anything else with my life.

I've met so many bitter pilots but to be honest it just makes me more determined not to end up like that. I will NEVER give up, maybe I’ll never get an airline job but I KNOW that I’ll have a great career flying something somewhere (or even lots of planes in lots of places). I just want to be the best pilot I can be and make ends meet.

Screw the lottery, it’s a game of chance. YOUR career is in YOUR hands! Nobody said it was going to be easy (ok maybe some flying school marketing rep did but screw them too!) so have a word with yourself and get them CV's out again. If you don’t try, you will never succeed!

Man, I enjoyed getting that off my chest!

Regards

Mercenary Pilot
(because you ain't a professional 'till you get paid)