PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 5th Jul 2006, 22:27
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm mad now..........

i've just tried put a post on that was both a direct appeal to the MoD and also about the speaking out of families against the government...but suprise suprise, they were taken off! pathetic attempts from those who read the thread from afar, but are too gutless to join in the debate. you cannot continue to take the gamble with service peoples lives. it is not enough you engage in media sounbites. you need more substance behind the words you say.

i was out on monday at the meeting trying to get support for the campaign. i missed the news, but when i got home i was told that des browne had been on channel four news. he was his usual bumbling self. fluffing his words. apparently he saiid that whatever the troops needed they could have. did anyone see the piece on the news? can you possibly clarify it for me. i also heard that mr blair said in parliament today whatever the troops wanted/needed they could have. if that's the case..please mr blair, can we have foam for our hercules please? the money is there. you just need to start spending it properly. first foam for the hercules. then howabout a full defensive aids system.

the lack of resources needs to be corrected. sadly, another solider has died today in afg. we cannot afford to be there. i received an email today from a father who unfortunately lost his son a few months ago. the speaking out of families is unprecedented. never before has this been done where relatives speak out at the deaths of troops at war. we need to be acknowledged. not treated like a dirty secret to be ashamed of. the more you mistear us, the more we shout.

can i just ask nige is the plane with the foam in september completed and fitted out or is it going to start it's modification programme? i know it's extremely technical and time consuming. i would ask this. if the plane is completed in september when was it started? do not think that doing the programme slowly is a good tactic to get us to give up and go away. we will not.