PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uniform at UK airports
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2006, 21:00
Climebear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Policy at the last flying station in the West Mids is not to wear flying kit outside camp. Is this a Crab-wide rule, or is it just a local-ism? I often see trafficers and adminers (and a few in green gear) in the town shops (almost always sans headgear), so what's the deal when aircrew aren't to be seen in their working dress? Preferably with head gear to make the uniform complete (must be something to do with crabs and hair styles ).
Crab wide rule is for No1 or No 2 dress only in public
Wearing of Uniform in Public (UK) (QR 199)
0110. All RAF personnel at UK units should normally wear civilian clothes when they are not required for duty. However, unless otherwise ordered, No 1 and No 2 uniform modes may be worn routinely in public, on public transport, on foot or in private transport.
Hence why have to revert to blues (No2 dress) from my normal work rig of CS95 (No 3 dress) whenever I get the train up to Cranditz
Oh and if they are sans headgear they should be told to put it on by anyone with sufficient seniority (or by any WO irrespective of the seniority of the slack ....) irrespective of service. Unless, of course, they happen to be aircrew on the Crew Bus at a secret airbase in Northern Scotland (see another current thread)