PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rothmans Aerobatic Team (& Others)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2006, 20:22
whifferdill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Old and Bold

Been reading this thread with great interest after searching for info on the Rothmans Team - who I've now become fascinated with. Managed to get hold of a copy of 'Man in the Sky' along with other short Rothmans related films after reading this thread - watch it when I can't fly. What a fantastic team! It's a real pity there are no Pitts display teams operating full time in the UK now. It's a superb display machine and now has that growing 'vintage' appeal combined with a performance that in the right hands, can still hold its own with the modern Carbon Fibre machines.

For me, gazing skyward at a Pitts display by Brian Lecomber as a boy, was an experience that seemed to linger in the pit of my stomach to adulthood. it's great to read the stories by those involved with the Rothmans and display flying in general over the last 30 years - your experiences are the envy of other pilots. I have a Pitts S1-D now - culmination of a long held dream and I'm getting to grips with the basics - go to sleep at night designing sequences I have no chance of performing! Still, one day! Give me a few years and I might be posting to start another all Pitts team myself!

hats off to you old bold guys.