PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - first officer program?
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2002, 02:20
devic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face first officer program?

I'm an European CPL, IR and multiengine. . .I'm in a desperate need of advices and information:. .I have 430h and I'll soon get the ATPL-JAR and multicrew. Yet, I don't know what to do afterwards. All the job offers ask for at least 1000h and it seems like they don't care about which kind of planes you did fly. . .First question: is it the building up of fly time worth to do even in the cheapest planes and just for a CV purpose?. .I know that I'll have to do a type rating, and I thought about 737, but yet, I wouldn't just do the 737 t.r. if I wouldn't have at least a little assurance that I'll be able to work afterwards. Also because it's a pretty expensive step.. .Second consideration: I thought about a first officer program, and I've found out Eagle Jet in Florida which offers a very interesting program. I'd be able to fly 500h jet, spending about 16,000$. . .Is it really worth to do something like that? What would you recommend me to do, considering the fact that I don't mind moving abroad, both for working and training purposes of course.. .I'm ready to do anything in order to fly, I'm also willing to pay a good amount of cash just to work, I know I'm not the only one though.. .If anybody happens to know about a first officer program, or anything else worth to do considering my limited experience, please feel free to tell me and I'll be very thankful.