PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coulthard's Learjet Crash
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2002, 21:01
Daifly

Thumbs down Coulthard's Learjet Crash

Has anyone else seen the report in the News of the World (sorry) about the Learjet crash in May 2000?

Although the, alledged, findings of the French Inquiry probably aren't far off what anyone would have thought, there are lots of comments from a "colleague" of the aircraft Captain.

For instance:

"a colleague questioned Capt Saunders' flying ability...had only flown small propellor aircraft...I'm not surprised..."

His "colleague" also alledges that he had a restricted licence because of poor eyesight.

"The vast majority of commercial airline companies in the UK will only accept pilots with an unrestricted licence and I do know that on this basis he had been turned down by many other companies".

Now I don't know about you, but I always think that the vast majority of fatal accidents end up being PE because there is a vital source of evidence not there to defend itself.

However I would hope, for all you, that if you're ever (God-forbid) in the same situation that your colleague doesn't sully your memory in this way.

Sir, you are a **** .