PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MoD: Major Projects Report 2005
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2006, 18:28
tucumseh

Received 176 Likes on 67 Posts
SW

I suppose most of the programmes are easy to guess, but I think the sums mentioned are based on latest (re)endorsements rather than the original endorsement; otherwise they would be much worse.

Severance

I guess the summary for those not in MoD is that the PAC have dared to say in public what very many in DPA/DLO have been saying for years – despite it effectively being a disciplinary offence to do so. Most of their criticisms can be overcome by adhering to mandated policy.

The main theme is “The Department achieved these (financial) reductions by cutting the numbers or capability of equipment”. They did not achieve them by being efficient.

Of course, the impression given is that ALL programmes are like this and the justifiable complaint from the many excellent project managers in DPA would be that PAC fails to mention the programmes which are delivered to time, cost and performance. In the words of my old Director in DPA, PMs who do this are “an embarrassment to the Department” because they show what can be achieved – effortlessly. Prat. His bosses agreed with him.