PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - flying to and from Namibia cuz of medical :-(
Old 5th Jul 2006, 11:31
lusthansa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking flying to and from Namibia cuz of medical :-(

Hello,

if I am lucky I shall start flying on a C210 for a Namibian air safari company next. The problem is: The wages I get there are sufficient to live there but not sufficient to afford frequent (all 180 days) flights to Germany where I come from. The reason for flying would be that I have to do - though I am only aged 26 years - all half years (normal: all 365 days) a JAA - medical Class 1.

My questions now:

a) Can you fully convert your German JAR licence into a Namibian one so you have to deal only with the DCA or do you have to get validated in Namibia basing on your German JAA licence?

That would mean - if the last applies - that I have to stay in contact with the damned German CAA (Luftfahrtbundesamt) for the purposes of e.g. annual ifr check flight and medicals. And if these civil servants think I should get some nice trouble with my licence I will have lotta fun to work it out from the southern part of Africa ... so I would like to have all my evtl. licence matters processed in my new home country... how do I manage to do so?

Can you post a link to a list of all Namibia based flight examiners doing annual SEP IFR proficiency checks?

Can you post a link to a list of all Namibia based JAR approved aero medical examiniers with a class 1 rating? That would help me a lot = help me save flights home.

The company mentioned above would - if I am the one to be recruited - employ me with (as they have urgent need) 6 weeks notice only. Where should I now get my steady work permit from? How high will be the chances that I get a w.p. denied by ne Namibian official? What could be the reasons? You know I go there and being kicked out again for ne reason is a huge risk as I naturally have to quit my well paid & boring ;-) job right here. Should I apply for a w.p. locally or in advance @ the embassy of Namibia that writes on its hp nething about a 4 month delay for wpermits to be worked out ...

africa is peculiar. All guys going there say it's great place 2 be. 99.9 % of people coming back say it was a great place to be and they'd like to return.

And everyone says getting a work permit is very easy because everything down there is not that problematic as in Germany (burocracy, etc.)

But go to http://www.namibia-botschaft.de/ and they'll tell u it is veeeeeeeeeery difficult to get a work permit and utmost difficult to find work there as nooooobody employs foreigners; they wanted to firstly see their own people (30 % unemployment rate) to be in so.'s pay ...

what^s right now? never been 2 this country so all I now are controversy statements ... plz help

lusthansa