PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C550 Freelance Pilot Wanted
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2002, 11:13
duke of duchess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i agree 2 pilots is easier and that inturn makes it slightly safer, but the way most are going on you would think flying single pilot in a jet was instant death.

I only have a couple of thousand hours so i dont pretend to be all that experienced but i have most of that time as single pilot IFR in light twins such as aerostars and chieftains with basic autopilots that regularly play up, a lot of this time is at night, doing mainly NDB approaches into places in the middle of know where so the only light around is the strip lighting and the mine or small town usually 10 miles or so away,

I know what i would rather be flying single pilot, and being in europe i am sure you have better approaches such as ILS which are a piece of **** to do and a lot of ambient light when you get visual from descent sized cities.

single pilot IFR seems scary and dangerous at first but after a few hundred hours of it you find it starts becomeing a lot easier and safer,

and i have done missed approaches at my alternate and had to divert to another aerodrome find the plate brief myself whilst figuring out my fuel status seperating my self from traffic and trying to figure out why the autopilot was disengageing after about 30 seconds every time i tried to use it, so i know how stressfull things can get but it is not to dangerous its the norm out here and there are very few crashs out here.