PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spare Seats Available / Desired
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2006, 23:05
angusrodger

London heli-enthusiast with a US licence

I love being in and around helicopters, and (of course!) flying them. I got a PPL in sunny California, and because of my US licence until now I've done all my flying on holidays in the States. I've notched up around 100 hours, mostly in a Schweizer 300 (Hughes 269). I've also flown a Jet Ranger a couple of times, which was "awesome", an R22 and an R44.

I've often thought that there must be loads of empty seats flying around the UK, and wondered whether some of the pilots would be happy to have some company and perhaps even let me do a spot of flying myself (subject to any licence issues). And then I stumbled across this thread - great idea!

I'm a well-travelled, professional 38 year old, and probably reasonable company (at least for the first hour or so!). I live in Ealing and work in the city. I never got a car, but can get to anywhere that's serviced by public transport.

If anyone would be willing to give me either some cheap flying experience in the UK, or the chance to participate in an interesting flight somewhere, then I'd be delighted to hear from you.

Cheers!

Angus