PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goldair (beautiful L45s) - What's its status now?
Old 7th Nov 2001, 23:56
correlator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Groover,

We don't think we are better than any other operator - we just want to compete in a competitive market. We provide a good service at a good price. The proof of that is in the pudding. We have flown over 1500 hours of Lear 45 charter in 9 months and so we are qualified to talk about Lear 45. It is a superb aircraft - and great to fly Lavdumper - but it requires a lot of technical input. Because of the CAS system you can't turn a blind eye to tech problems as many operators I have flown for have done. Because defects are "on screen" and logged in the CMC they must be addressed immediately if they can't be deferred IAW the MEL. There are a lot of no go items. we have over $1 million LRU spares according to stores and loads of trained and excellent techies available thru the night. if you plan to operate this airplane like a LR35 forget it - it will bankrupt you.

I wish you the best of luck with your LR 45 (s) - very genuinely. I suspect that in 6 months you will look back and agree that the above is very fair.

All I was suggesting in the previous post was that other guys give Gold Air a break and steer clear of the slagging - who knows you might want a job one day and it's a small world in aviation?