PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - airlines recruiting low houred guys (250-400 hrs) ish!
Old 4th Jul 2006, 18:26
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by machlimter99
Am I missing something, but I thought that Thomsonfly, to quote from their site needed experienced FOs:
"First Officers wishing to apply must have 1500 hours total time to include either 500 hours jet experience or 1000 turbo hours. 737/757 Type Rated First Officers may apply with a minimum of 300 hours line experience".
Howcome people are getting to the interview stage/sim ride if they dont meet this requirment??

Right. For all those who are proclaiming it has something to do with integrated etc - WRONG. Pure speculation from people who have no idea and who are guessing.

The first rule to remember in trying to get your first job is to RESEARCH your target airlines. Rule two is to NEVER BELIEVE WEBSITES, even the airline's own. Even more so when it comes to minimum number of hours required to apply. Your researchg should reveal whether said airline has a track record of hiring pilots with less hours than that stated. Thomsonfly is one such of those airlines. Their website asks for their 'wish list' and does not mean that they will not employ you (or even offer you selection) if you don't have those hours. During these 'frantic' hiring times they simply do not have the manpower or time to update the website instantaneously, hence it is often well out of date. Until earlier this year I seem to recall it was about 2 years since the recruitment page had been updated at all, during which time they had recruited 200hr, 2000hr and even direct entry captains!

Also bear in mind that the recruitment situation can and does change on a monthly, or weekly or sometimes even on a DAILY basis. So Toastal your comment
I thought that TFLY were only recruiting FOs at the mo, not SOs! OR my dear friends, is there a "back door entry" into this company for those who don't meet the above requirements?
proves that you are not keeping your research up to date (if you are trying to join Tfly that is). They WERE only recruiting F/Os a matter of weeks ago, but they ARE recruiting S/Os this week. FACT. I know a few people who do not meet the website stated entry requirements who have selection later this week.

I can't quite believe that some people don't apply to certain airlines because they 'heard' they weren't meeting minimum requirements etc. PHONE THEM UP AND ASK! I know someone who followed my advice to phone earlier this week because he had heard nothing and has been offered stage one on Friday.

How much do you want a job? Lecture over.

PP