PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uniform at UK airports
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2006, 09:17
In Tor Wot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go for it

What security issue could there be for personnel travelling through our own airports in uniform? Is BAA seriously suggesting that if al q'ada knew service personnel were using airports they would become instant targets? Utter hoop.

I'd be more than tempted to disregard this 'security' rule and do it anyway. I defy BAA to 'prosecute' me. They can throw me out if they wish, but my standing in their foyer letting everyone know what the airport's policy towards the UK's service personnel is would be a damn sight more embarrassing for them than me. As for the military regulations - should anyone step forward to enforce this utter b we would at least be able to pin down who it was that came up with this stupidity in the first place, where it is articulated, who signed off on the ‘regulation’ . . . . . rant, rant, rant

And another thing - why aren't we allowed to wear uniform to/in MOD? (don't quote security, the fact that you're entering the building might be a clue that you are connected to the UK's military!)

CAS, CGS, CDS - want to know why 85% of Sqn Ldrs stated they would take their option in the next 5 years? (continuous attitude survey 05) - then read this thread and DO something other than pontificate!