PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uniform at UK airports
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2006, 07:08
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swinging Monkey hits the nail squarly on the head when he asks 'why are the higher echelons of the services not standing up to this?' So come on 'your airships' tell us why

I agree that the Americans do often go 'over the top' with this patriotism stuff, but I would rarther have that, than what we (don't) have in this country. Why can our Armed Forces NOT be seen in public in uniform? Are the government or those high up so ashamed of them? It is utterly deplorable, and as an ex serviceman I am extremely annoyed and disgusted that it has got to this point now. BEagle is right also, there is NO way the Iron lady (bless her) would have allowed her service men and women to be treated is such a manner.

It never ceases to amaze me to what lengths this government will go to show the world what 'good eggs' they all are, helping those in Africa, debt relief here, more aid there. IMHO its high time we started to look after those a bit closer to home, starting with our armed forces men and women, who provide the cover for the likes of Bliar and that fat deputy of his.

My heartiest best wishes to all our serving (and ex) Forces personnel.

The Winco