PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uniform at UK airports
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2006, 21:32
johno617tonka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think that we forget that not all people are in agreement with the papers, the political do gooders and those in this country who hide theirselves away from what is going on around them.....

what winds me up is that our troops are in a sort of catch 22 system! you would of thought that in an 'almost' ideal world it would be a case of... thanks for risking your life out there...here is a few weeks off to catch up on things with your family and friends... don't forget to use your voucher to get the fortnights holiday to somehere you can top up your tan and NOT get shot at... but instead it's a case of.... don't hand your kit back in, you will need it again in six months... oh never mind it was only xmas you missed, but whilst you are waiting can you pop over to..... well you get my drift....

these boys and girls should be treated like hero's when they set foot back in this country...

isn't it amazing how much 'passion' an american commercial for beer can bring out in people???

the poster earlier is correct about the british mentality of kicking the backside out of any sort of discount the military would get!! it's a shame but unfortunately true.... the painted picture of the parachute regiment in the business class lounge has me roaring with laughter... you are right my friend, i think they would behave like gentlemen, until some stuffy businessman told them to take their feet of the chairs and to talk a little quieter.. then the fun would begin..... ring side tickets anyone??????

regards

J6T