PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rompers Green O's Mess Summer Ball 2006 - promising to be disappointing???
Old 3rd Jul 2006, 19:30
demobcurious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK - been away for a long weekend with the family after that last stint away so sorry I haven't responded earlier.

'come to the ball and judge it afterwards' - I'm going (first sentence of this thread) that's why I want to know what's been organised.

'get on the committee and do it yourself' - been there, done that, more than once. I don't want to spend every ball being one of the bl@@dy organisers. Some one else can take a turn. At least we always spent the budget...

'the fairground operators have massively upped their prices' - thank you for letting me know my concerns aren't groundless and there are going to be fewer attractions this year. I refer you to my above comment regarding the budget however.

'if its a complete flop we can go back to the old formula in 07' - if a ball is bad one year it doesn't mean you can have a successful one the next year. A flop will result in several years of poor ticket sales, with all the problems of trying to build the event up again with a low budget.

I am going to the ball and I will have a good time as always. I just don't want to spend the night telling my guests that it could have been better. If any of the committee have seen this thread (and I'll bet my free booze they have ) and then thought about how they could do MORE, that can only be a good thing for the mess ents.

dmc