PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interview stuff
Thread: Interview stuff
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2006, 10:11
boogie-nicey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Interview standards

Is it true that in this day and age looking somewhat intelligent is draw back in airline interviews. This is simply what someone was muttering to me the other day but seemed quite sure of his opinion with regards to interview perceptions. I always thought that aviation would always welcome and respect it the more intellectually weighted approach, no open university character but ceratinly someone who would want to better themself in all aspects of academics, professionalism, lifestyle, etc.

I can fully understand how some media companies would scorn such personalities in favour of the casual GAP clothes wearing, liberal minded young gal, who's worked ever so hard at arts college. But has this 'social preference' infiltrated other areas of certain industries and reached the unotuchable senior/management pilots. Will they over look anything meaningful such as vibrancy, sense of character, manners, well groomed, intellingence, touch of humour, passion, etc?

Tell me this isn't true........ otherwise I am totally out of the running.... (well at least in terms of mu jokes anyway)

Last edited by boogie-nicey; 3rd Jul 2006 at 12:46.