PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The MCC Debate: CTC or elsewhere ??
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2006, 10:07
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought that the MCC concept was originally designed so that it was a course which should be run by an employer as a pre-type course using company sop's.

The training industry to some extents are to blame for this as they discovered very quickly it was more money for old rope using there FNPT2 and semi retired local TRI/TRE. The airlines wern't going to pay for this if they could help it. So it just became another course to have before applying.

The ground schools side of things is basically a repeat of Human performance. This is again redone on your intial CRM course with a new company. So you have to watch the teneriff video's again.

And to be honest each company has its own style of CRM. As can be seen on other threads on PPrune, the asking the captain which sectors he wants thread comes to mind. The skills you really require as an FO arn't actually whats taught on the MCC.

You would proberly get the concept of the MCC across better doing a top gear style driving around a course with the driver blindfolded and his pax telling him which way to steer etc. The flying side of things is fun and its proberly your first exposure to something which has a decent bit of power on it. BUT the flying is meant to be a very small part of what your meant to learn. The autopilot will be engaged for most of the course.

Choose the MCC that is the cheapest for you taking into account HOTAC. Its just a very expensive bit of paper which comes out for 5 mins while the TRI/TRE checks your paper work at the begining of a type rating. Then it gets sent in with your first type rating. Then I don't know what we are ment to do with it. Mine is in the back of my license folded up. Why they don't keep it at GAtwick in our files on the first type I don't know.

The MCC is a very good idea which has been corrupted for the training industry to make yet more money on.