PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2006, 04:01
Iulia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skyshow, you have a point...

BUT I think when recruiting, VB should look more at the individual, and not the age... I mean, I'm been working since I WAS 15!! in customer service, thats just over 3yrs experience now, and I'm currently emloyed on a part-time contract at my lib and getting paid just under $20AUD an hour... thats amazing and unheard of, say at McDonalds for someone my age... PLUS the numerous weird requests we get, unusual situations etc the other week, a lady's vericose vein burst (I wasn't working, but this was told to me by the first aider) and a librarian there had her first aid certificate and rushed to help her and clean up the mess... other times, people ahve thrown up, requested to use the phone coz of a weird guy following them, we've been threatend or followed to our cars etc I think I've gained more experience working in the library then I had in my year of retail in my local shopping centre, regardless of age. Anyhow, I will wait patiently, continue with some other course (as I have to apply soon through VTAC) and keep reapplying to airlines, and IF I should so happen to be invited to another VBRD (or any other airline for that matter... I'm desperate to be a CC) I will gladly accept and trot my little bottom to the day