PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The MCC Debate: CTC or elsewhere ??
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2006, 23:40
Gillespie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I disagree

I’m sorry but I feel I must interject here…

In my view the MCC is a vital part of training. I learnt an incredible wealth of information, techniques and teamwork skills from my MCC course.

It is my advice to not see this course as a tick in the box, do not just “find the cheapest course, turn up, smile and nod your head….”bla bla.

I’m very very lucky and honoured to have been selected for the CTC AQC scheme, which means I’ll have to do another MCC course. Hey! No probs…People underestimate this course and just how vital it is. It really does prepare you as a pilot to start thinking according to SOPs, so no matter who you fly with, you’ll know what they’re thinking, what they’re about to do and when they’re going to do it.

If you want to fly a jet with low hours in your log book, then there is simply no better way in that CTC.

Cheers.

Ps. Forgot to mention, please don't think it's a case of "ooh I'll think I'll go to CTC for the MCC", pay and get a place. I think the current success rate is circa 6% for the ATP scheme. It's a tough selection process.