PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DXB - Vectors or Hold
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2006, 23:31
futr-kofeshop-dweler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've kept shut for a while but Ali B, but you got to be kidding me...

Back in the day, if the Co-ordinator was switched on, he would look long range and assign speeds for the inbounds, (eg. first 3 guys less then 10 miles is ok, high speed and direct, then slow down number 4), and as long as the co-od knew what was up, it all worked out fine. Then we get a retarded memo, that we can't call you guys, and co-ordinate individual aircraft.

You can't have it both ways, either let the co-ordinator call and co-ordinate what comes into our airspace and at what speed when it's busy, or get used to 30 miles and 230 kts for straight ins. There are tower controllers who REFUSE to use less them 8 mile gaps, and it is well within their right, so I would like you to work out how much space you need between 2 straight in arrivals to have 8 miles at touchdown? 10 miles with both of them coming thru 320 kts? Nope...

If they just let the Co-ordinator do his job, there would be 90% less BS then what goes on today... And that would also require having co-ordinators who are actually trained in the position... Ah forget it, sounds like work... nuthin will change so we're all just pissing in the wind...

Oh well, go Portugal, all you Dubai boys, when I get back I am collecting on those "friendly wagers!" If only Figo and Ronaldo we're running this airspace.....