PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bucc OCU
Thread: Bucc OCU
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2006, 19:03
foldingwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was there on the staff of 237 for my 3rd tour on Buccs from 78 - 81. Yes, the mid-70s period was a harsh regime, inherited I might add from 736. However, it had to be harsh because of the environment flown and the idiosynchrasies of the jet (we were training RAF people to the deck in those days as well as for RAF sqns). None would surely deny that the Bucc was a very difficult aircraft to operate, particularly in the circuit, and those who were not up to it had to be weeded out. A harsh fact but it was a very selective team and had to be to get the job done professionally. Anybody want to disagree with the effectiveness of the Bucc on Ops or Red Flag or low level over land or sea as just 3 examples?

BEagle,

You've told us all your 237 woes before, the last time someone brought up the 237 OCU issue. I do not condone the manner of 237 in the mid-70s but this is not just another opportunity for you to vent your spleen against the Buccaneer guys who suspended you from training. This must be manna from heaven for you!

Please tell us again, how you were also chopped from F4s! You see, there are some who were cut out for fast jets and some who just weren't - but it was about 30 years ago, so give it a rest.

FW