PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 2nd Jul 2006, 13:56
Nevs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Becoming a Pilot.....

hello to everyone who is reading this, i know what i am about to ask is asked so many times but i just want some good feedback. Basically i want to be where everyone else wants to be in the aviation business "a commercial Pilot", i have just finished school at 18, and i now hold 10gcse's and 4 a levels and hopefully in september ill be off to one of the top5 uni's in the uk for a 3 year BA, now after that i hope to start my training either modular or intergrated(lets not start the debate)

basically all i want to know is will my degree be worthwile for the aviation industry, i know its very good to fall back on if everything goes pear shaped but does it give me a bit of an advantage when i come to look for a job at an airline( if i ever get that far) and ive only done about 7 hours worth of training for my ppl at the moment, what would be advised for me to do from now until the end of uni, should i try and finish off my ppl? or should i get a student job within some aviation related business? i have no idea, why is this the hardest job to get to become a pilot, anyway someones got to fly those A380's sometime, maybe me someday i hope