PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life in Dubai - A well written piece from the Gulf News
Old 2nd Jul 2006, 12:51
uplock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil The facts Alfred

Sal-e or is it Alfred I like living in the sandpit however many guys are interested in getting the facts rather than emotional responses. Posting links to the local rag gives some sort of credibility rather than plucking a statement from the either.
I've said it once, I'll say it again......LEAVE the UAE for anyone who doesn't like it.
If you actually lived and worked in Dubai you would know that the cost of living is a topic that is discussed from the guy who sweeps the streets to the guys who run the country and make all the decisions.

there was actually another piece written in todays Gulf News Paper talking about the same article

What you need to realize and this is discussed in the article
The IMF in early June forecast an inflation rate of 8 per cent in 2005, although it noted that the Consumer Price Index (CPI) does not reflect true price increases as the basket of goods and services does not give weightage to the housing costs and rents realistically.
So really all these official figures really mean stuff all because they do not include the most costly increases over the past few years which has been sky rocketing rent and housing costs.

When you get to live here in Dubai for some time you will understand.