PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DXB - Vectors or Hold
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2006, 11:09
Nimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ali,

My old mate, you describe a fine example of the differing standards throughout the watches. Some want 8 mile gaps for departures, other controllers happy with 6, some watches put loads of flow rates on, sometimes without even looking at the prevailing traffic situation, others prefer to be flexible.

hey you know this your on the receiving end, but why you may ask? well one of the problems is that NOBODY fails to validate because we need staff. The procedures help to keep the standrards low, as they are based around the lowest standard, examples;

5 aircraft sector loading on arrivals, total crap, but helps those that can't cope. Gap sizes for departures, 6 works but you have to be skillfull, 8 is for the lazy controller.Needing a runway length between a departure and arrival, because some don't know what to do in the event of a late go around!!!

Plus combine the above with incident investigation that automatically suspends the controller for 6 days, and you have a unit that has a system that has contollers controlling on fear of doing anything wrong. and having no inclination in wanting to move traffic.

Will things change, not in my lifetime, back to the real world for me!!!!