PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bucc OCU
Thread: Bucc OCU
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2006, 08:50
BEagle

Received 328 Likes on 115 Posts
"Great bunch of blokes doing a very difficult job teaching from the back seat of an aircraft they had no control over."

Teaching? Teaching??

An alien concept to most of the ones I knew. Except for one or two and most of the RN back-seaters, that is. I once had a tyre burst on landing in formation. My RN back-seater confirmed that everything was normal and I was adamant that my feet were off the brakes. But the lead pilot (237 OCU staff) claimed that I had obviously landed with brakes on. The SOR was an utter fabrication - and some weeks later the JEngO told me that the maxaret on the side of the failure had been found to be unserviceable. Being harrassed by the staff was one thing, being lied about was another....

Another endearing habit the 237 OCU staff had was to doctor the course photo. Anyone chopped would have his head cut off and put in a heap at the bottom; anyone ex-V force was branded 'VFW' (V Force W*nk*r)

Years later the Bucc OCU was at Wattisham whilst Honington had some WiP. A totally different bunch of people - although 1 Bucc did stoof in on the approach. Fortunately both crew got out OK.