PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2006, 08:24
Iulia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In response...

Actually, I have been researching it a fair bit, its the actual job I want to know about because everyone seems to be slandering it..! And I was only thinking perhaps another way of flying would be to become a pilot, I'm still in school but will have to apply to courses by the end of September and so I want to make an informed decision when I do.
Secondly, I am young, flexible, have travelled extensively for someone of my age in comparison with others, and am not tied down, have no children and don't plan to until its the last minute... I want to travel, I don't feel tied down to family and friends, I enjoy working with the public and believe that I am made for the customer service sector.
I'm not feeling 'sorry' for myself, as you seem to think I am. I am merely fustrated at the fact that airlines are wanting older people as you seem to be implying, "life experienced". If airlines want older people whom they will only be employing for say, a decade, then so be it. They have a wide variety of eager hopefuls for CC positions, and I'm just a small face in a big crowd.
I've got a question for you... whats the oldest age of a "life experienced" cabin crew that you've come across? Because you seem to say that airlines don't want em young, they prefer them older...
I have many friends that are 'life experienced' as you put it, some are complete idiots and are yet to find a full-time job, others are married and are on their way to their third, fourth kid!
What I think people need to understand is that with age doesn't necessarily come maturity.