PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2006, 08:04
overhere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iulia

1. Commercial flying is much harder to get into then CC ever will be. If that is your "second/easy option" then forget about it. If you're serious about it then do some research (it's evident from your thread in D&G you need to do some) and see it it's still for you. It's a VERY VERY long,hard road.

2. I get the idea you think flying is all fun and glamour. There's a serious side to it too and it'll change a lot of aspects of your life. I know people who have been to 20+ interviews before they got a job and that was when they were in their very late 20's or early 30's. It can be a long road to becoming CC - because to preform the job you need a demostrated level of maturity, level headedness, priortisation skills and be able to respond to just about anything calmly. Essentially you need enough life experience and essential skills to get you by in the air. I'm not saying you don't have them yet, but maybe, just maybe the airlines are wanting a bit more life experience from you before they look at you again.

Don't be one of these people who turns it into "the airlines don't want me", "I'm not good enough", "I'll never get in" etc etc, we've all heard it all before. If you're serious about a career in flying then you need to look at what skills you have and what skills you still neeed and then work on it.

Finally do some research, find out what the job really involves and work out why you really want to fly.

It's competitive for a reason - theres lots of people with lots of skills going for only a few jobs. YOU have to make yourself competitive - no-one else can do that for you.