PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Sponsorship (ish) scheme OAT
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2006, 02:27
EK4457

Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear,

The OAT Modular gives 103 Flight Training Hours. The APP gives 220 hours. Feel the difference? Not that Im saying Modular courses arent good, they are just as good, but you'll need more money for more hours to bring it upto APP.. Add that money why dont you?
Ok. 100 hours block booked in USA/South Africa/Oz/NZ/take your pick. All for around £5k. I have been told by everyone that I know that these 2-4 weeks are some of the best of your life.

FACT: Modular gives you the same qualification, with more flying expereince, for 25k less.

Oh, and I think that of the 220 hours you mentioned above, around 40 are in the 'sim' (a fancy MSFS2004).

And part of the cost may be just for the extra job prospects I presume.
How much does a job prospect cost? 25k obviously.

Nothing is free. All schools have an assessment fee. There may be a profit in it, I do not know but it is not all "pure profit".
Errm, FTE do a free assessment. I know 'cause I did it (and passed but turned them down). Just for the record, FTE are well better than OAT. They have a pool.

@raviolis: Individual thinking isnt going to make you a pilot, you have to be a team player.
Thanks for the advice. What airline do you fly for agian? Somebody's been reading a glossy OAT brochure methinks.

Just to open your eyes to the industry a little, pilots can be whatever they want to be if they have 5000 hours on type. Ever worked with a Chief Captain? It's his way or the highway. Not much teamwork goes on unless he's in the mood for it.

I like the way that x3k5 and Re-Heat are offering advice on how to be a pilot to mad-jock. Who is, of course, a pilot.

EK