PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chemtrails, what do you know?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2006, 01:58
N1 Vibes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Mature and Informed Factual Debate

For thse people who have read the last 4 pages of this thread and thought what good sport it was, let's now have a reality check.

1. This section of the forum is I'm guessing intended to discuss in a serious manner the technical side of aviation. Should you wish to have a good laugh then I suggest the Jet Blast forum, perhaps playing in a sandpit or eating jelly and ice-cream may hold your attention.

2. Reading previous threads in this forum has revealed that it is mostly frequented by engineers, crew and members of the public with an interest in how a/c actually function.

3. Occasionally subjects are raised that not all participants agree with. But, normally open and honest debate takes place. Abuse and personal attack is not normally apparent.

4. Open and honest debate is usually supported by reasoning and informed factual reponses. As opposed to infantile abuse by the larger peer group in PPrune.

Just think how members of the public react after reading threads on PPrune that actually make it look like our industry is populated by a group of professionals rather than sandcastle builders.

To qualify my position, I have been in the industry looking after only engines for over 18 years.

Question - When departing from an airport a man smelling suspiciously like a petrol/gas station attendant hands you a piece of paper. On that piece of paper are some very large numbers like 150,000. It relates to a thing called fuel, some of you may very rarely actually see this stuff in real life except when it is leaking from a fuel tank/engine. Now when you arrive at your destination you notice that this big number is now a lot smaller. Where did it go? Maybe somebody on board drank it during the flight, flushed it down the toilet or do you think some of it went into the engine and then overboard perhaps?

I could at this point refer to posts made about how some of assembled intelligencia actually believe they make clouds of the purest water. Well, it is the belief of most major religions around the world that only God's can do this.

I would so dearly love to tell the joke here about what's the difference between God and pilots. But I prefer to stick to the actual debate. Looking forward to a non-abusive and mature debate. Over to you....

Best regards,

N1 Vibes