PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hercules comes to heart transplant rescue
Old 1st Jul 2006, 15:34
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'd like to add my congrats to all involved in making the process possible to help the patients and their families. why anyone has managed to say anything negative is beyond me. the fact is at the end of the day the job done and there's nowt that can change that....so do us a favour and wind your neck in.

i know from personal experience all to well how incredibly stressful the whole process can be and the fact that there was help when needed would have been a significant help to all parties involved. i work in an intensive care setting and the gift of life is not something to waste. please be aware that the patient being harvested is not a corpse yet....they will still be seen very much as a patient.i have prepped these patients to be ready for theatre and and taken care of their families who have had to make the decision i'm very mindful of the fact it is not a corpse that i am dealing with. yes they are brain dead but please show respect for them and their families. the amount of work that goes into getting the whole transplant completed is phenomonal and timings and availability of staff and resources etc can make or break someones life and the whole process can collapse. then the organs wasted and imagine having to tell the recipient that no i'm afraid we cannot continue with the surgery. imagine what that does to someone and their family.

it is not for us to wonder how the money gets spent or why it's wasted and what can be done to rectify the problem. that is the jobs for the bean counters and countless plebs that unfortunately make up our government.

good work everyone!!!