PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2006, 07:40
Iulia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm.........

Last night I was researching courses to become a pilot online... and today, whilst working at the library, a man came up to the desk to collect and pay for his print-outs off the net. He was researching those aid programs in Papua New Guinea and I asked him what it was all for, and he explained to me that he's a pilot and wants to start another sort of flying aid (doctors I think?) to PNG..! Amazing how I met a pilot the day after researching it online... I think he was the real deal, he had some cap that had embroidered some flying school on it, and even gave me his business card from a whole stack of business cards he had. (Also I looked up his details in our system... hehehehe!) He's as old as my dad... nearing 50's.. so I felt okai to give him my email as I'm going to email him some churches that I think would be willing to fund some of his work (I used to do fundraisers etc with the church for needy children in poor countries) and also he spoke to me about possible courses/degrees I could do... interesting... fingers crossed! I WANNA BE IN THE SKY REAL BAD!!