PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moving to Greener Pastures....
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2006, 00:48
The Jolly Roger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Moving to Greener Pastures....

Hi All,

I am an ATCO with 3 years radar experience. I am living and working in Ireland and have been thinking about moving abroad to work as an ATCO for some time now. Partly the reason is the cost of living here in Ireland together with having to put up with a company that employs more chiefs than Indians!! Don't get me wrong, I'm paid very well and feel privilaged to have a job I love doing. But, I'm young and would like to experience ATC in other countries too. I've thought a lot about the Middle-East and know people who've had great experiences there. I've also thought about Europe, not only eurocontrol in Maastricht, but other ATC Providers in other European countries. I'm just not sure if by leaving a well paid job here in Ireland is the best thing??? I guess its just a risk I have to take.

I would like to know if there are any ATCO's out there who have made the jump. What experience you already had? Is it difficult to find work as a controller in other countries? Pay and Conditions? Anything really.

I think this sums up how I feel....

Thanks for any help....