PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Sponsorship (ish) scheme OAT
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2006, 21:46
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You lot really haven't worked it out yet have you?

Everyone will be able to spend 200 quid on the assesment day. Its part of the marketing plan. There is nothing on the assesment day apart from a bit of food which isn't already covered by the fixed costs of the school being open that day. Its almost pure profit. It also has a huge amount of marketing bull****e, if you make punters think they are having to be better than everyone else to "earn" a place on a course they are going to think that the course which they are going to spend there money on is better than everyone elses.

The Uni's learn't this about 10 years ago which was why all of a sudden they all started having interviews. The harder you work the student in the interview and the fact you only give them a conditional makes them believe that the course at xxx is better than yyy just because yyy gives then an uncondional with no interview.

There is only proberly about 5 chances of a job going (please note the word chance!!! ) There will be upwards of 100+ people applying. 20 grand easy money!!!!!!, Out of the 95+ that did apply and didn't get chosen proberly 10-20 will get conned into going self sponsered anyway.

Being a cynical git make sure you don't take your parents with you to the assesment day. When asked what do you parents do answer "my father is a bin man and my mother cleans for the council" I suspect there will be a bit of well if they don't get it they will do the course anyway if you answer my father is a broker and my mummy a GP. Thats another seat filled. If they think you can't afford it and you won't be coming if you don't get the tick you might have a different reply.

The whole thing is just a huge marketing ploy to get students and parents through the door on a promise. Once through the door then the full power of the marketing Power point can come into its own. Parents can be swoon by all the other cadets having fancy uniforms, bright flashy lights in that thing they call a 737 sim which in reality is just a FNPT2 . The old frasca down the corridor makes more difference to the students than the 737 thing but I bet they don't show them that. They will have RAF multi crews proberly wandering through to ops at just the right time. Parents get informed O the RAF get us to do all there multi training. Little do they know in 12 months time little johnny will be getting bumped off a trip because a RAF chap needs the plane to complete thier course.

Don't be gullable young prats see through the marketing and if you still want to go for it afterwards go for it but don't borrow and don't believe anything these marketing prats tell you.

O aye the foot thing is usually a box and a ball which fannys around, a stick will do the up and down and the pedals do the left and right. It will slip both ways and you just have to change your input to keep it in a box. The other one i have done is you steer a blob through a set of dimonds trying hit as many as possible using you feet while you hands have to do something else which is always making you work cross controls ie if your left hand is down you will be controlling with your right foot and vice versu.