PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTO styles - too militaristic and conformist?
Old 30th Jun 2006, 19:52
captwannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever you choose to do in life, whatever school you go to, etc., you will always wear a uniform. In schools without uniforms, certain fashionable clothes become the "uniform". Uniforms are just a part of life. I've had to wear a uniform all the way through school, and I think it's a good thing. Imagine having to get up every morning to decide what to wear, so that you'll look somewhat respectable to your peers. People who haven't got the money to spend on flash clothes (this should include pilots who have just spent €100k+ on training! ), benefit from this too. In my experience, wearing uniforms improves peoples performance and attitudes to work. "No-uniform days" in my school have often led to riots. Good times though! My school is not a "posh" school, far from it. But wearing uniforms adds a level of professionalism, at any institution. If you've paid €50K - €100k+, to train at any FTO, shouldn't you feel proud to be there training to be a professional pilot? You should consider yourself as a professional student.................