PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2006, 16:15
seektofly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish Bend over and cough??

Hi guys,

The way they check for Hernia's is bending from side to side and forwards and backwards. Then they also feel around your tummy and sides (and they use alot of pressure when they are feeling for them).

My last aviation medical that I went for they made me squat down and walk whilst squatting... if you know what I mean. They were checking for flexibility in the joints.

I asked how long the medical would go for, and I was told roughly about an hour or so. Gee, that IS a long time, but taking into account the hearing test and the visual test, the urine test and the flexibility and hernia tests... I guess it would take that long. I am a bit worried, but the part that worries me the most is getting on the scales!!! OMG.

I also asked which Doctor would be seeing me, and I was told that it would be a Female Doctor (who I think I would feel more comfy with seeing that we have to take off layers of clothing!)

By the way, you guys all rock!!! Your support has been great. Gloria, did you hear anything after they called your referees?? I hope that one day we will all get to work together! What a great team we'd make!

Seek.to.Fly.