PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Private Eye' returns to the 146
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2001, 22:40
PPRuNe Towers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RD,

I'll be up in EDI Sat/Sun 26th and 27th May and available afternoon and early evening. I'd gladly meet up with you and any other folks around for a chat.

I work closely with Bruce D'Ancey as Danny did before me, have access to much of the safety reporting systems such as BASIS and will be happy to brief you on the state of play in smoke/fumes/ air quality investigations.

I have the dubious honour to be able to access more information perhaps than the regular line pilot. However, none of it is secret or purposely buried - just unintentionally difficult to collate from within different companies reporting systems.

Thus the overview becomes vital and it's this data mining that is my special interest. Recent threads other than the fumes issue touch on many of the subjects we gather information on and put to the airlines and the authorities.

Ground facilities at suitable/adequate alternate and diversion airports. Behaviour of Airbus speed protection in RVSM airspace and many other topics discussed here are under active research by various groups. My comments on masks and communications were just a simple example of sifting through different companies data to see if there might be a developing trend.

The 146 isn't being singled out by those researching within the industry but it is the type with most information regarding potential problems that is easily available to those outside.

Hope we can get together later in the month.

------------------
Regards from the Towers
[email protected]