PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GF does it again... DECs!!!
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2006, 09:56
bird dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You again Jackbauer?

First you came to this forum to insult us and saying there was no DEC at the moment. You had been away for a while after it was proved that your 20 min at the office were obviously not enough.
Now you are back insulting BC. I have no idea of who he is but, unlike you, we should be here to share accurate information and express points of view about our jobs, not about people.
Maybe you want to change the subject from DECs in GF to BC integrity?
Why u dont want to discuss the simple fact? The simple fact is, so far, nobody could deny that EVERY take off one DEC does, results in one of our colleagues getting less money and experience. The management gives us some reasonable excuses based on conjuctural unexpected situations, I DONT BUY IT for the following reasons:

1- The temporary Greek Captains still around( very nice people by the way)

2- Management says they cannot promote FO cause they need them to fly the planes. If they are so short how am I flying 55 hr in July(330/340), few friends about 60 hr on the 767? this applies also to 330 DEFO.

3- If Training Dept. is limiting promotions, That`s Management job to boost it.

4- If Sim slots are limiting, Why so many people were doing stand in for someboby else in the short event instead of both of then doing SE together. We are using CONSTANTLY double the slots that were needed. Very inefficient.

5- I really like the AHOFO and give him personnal credit but remember A stands for acting. It means that one temporary decision he made can turn to permanent one by his successor. And I am sure the new HOFO will say that was not his/her decision. And here we go again...

Basically looks that DEC is a response for a lot of inefficiency and bad planning in diferent areas of Operations.

Last edited by bird dog; 30th Jun 2006 at 13:15.