PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London Heli Lanes
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2006, 08:03
verticalhold

The Veloceraptor of Lounge Lizards

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

The nifty maps great. Just wish the b s would put the temporary lanes on it to save the hassle of marking it up for Ascot/Epsom . A quick comparison at Ascot this year showed 7 pilots with 7 slightly different versions of H6 and H8! They all went to the relevant OS grid references but all wove about slightly differently to get there, mostly on the bit between Bushy Park and Shepperton. Rather too close to LHR for mistakes that bit

The tiny drawing which comes with the brief appears to follow the railway north around Kempton Park to the A3 M3 interchange ( The way I went first time until corrected, very politely by 125.62) rather than across the racecourse to the same interchange.

Also the H6 Ascot joining point at the Temple follows the north bank of Virginia Water and not the south as a lot of guys were doing.

All pilots should now join me in storming the West Drayton bunker to demand the temporary lanes being permanently marked on the map.

I can just imagine AlanM defending the building a la Holy Grail film with Bronwen from NSFs in medieval pointy hat and Mal oiling the thumb screws and rack!!!