PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hercules comes to heart transplant rescue
Old 30th Jun 2006, 06:21
unclenelli

Location: Civ/HAL/SHY/FYY/PWK/AAS/WAD/AVI/GPT/BZN/BSN/WAD/BAS/FLK/WIT/MND/WAD/WIT/WAD/Civ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Said

Like Samuel & Rev I. Tin have said before:
Well done to all concerned
As for those who stir la merde, F**k you
We do the donkey work and get the job done (when we can) at short notice
See previous posts about a Russian request to rescue a USSR submarine crew & a <90 minutes request to get some Harley St Docs to Paris to recover a heart (obtained EuroControl slot-exemption and re-routed aircraft, aircraft held on ground awaiting the Docs blue-light transit from London to Oxfordshire) - (Successful result in the end - well done to the medicos, all we did was provide the transport! Best of luck and condolences for the families concerned, whoever you are - we normally never find a name of the "customers" concerned)
Give us your name & address & in future we'll make sure that the stops remain in place next time - when maybe one of your rellys needs an organ yesterday!!!!!!
PS - I should know - I took the inital phonecall request to the RAF from Gt Ormonds on this one! Dr - Cpl. So Wind Your Neck In!!!
Re: using HS125 instead of C130/VC10/3*/ C17
The 2 UK HS125 RAF units, Cranwell & Northolt) do not operate 24/7 and require 14hr crew rest before a crew can be brought to readiness
Same as for all heavy jets!
3* into Paris was en-route BZN-AKT(slip), so the down-route crew were told to stay in their cypriot beds for an hour (Crew duty was not a problem in this case). As for costs, the 3* was already routing about 15miles to the west of Paris, so diverting only cost the UK tax-payer the difference in fuel price between BZN-AKT & Orly-AKT ) (ALL FIGURES APPROX) (around 15T @ 0.78/litre = £2400 - or 0.00005p for every person in the UK!!!!!!!!! (all figures rounded up!))))
WHAT PRICE WOULD YOU PUT ON THE LIFE OF YOUR FAMILY??????? (by the way 0.00005p is the equivalent of 20,000 Lottery scratchcards)

Last edited by unclenelli; 30th Jun 2006 at 07:21.