PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education: What A Levels and Degree (if any)?!(Apr '09)
Old 29th Jun 2006, 21:05
scott_cardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Go to Uni!

I totally agree with you all who are saying to go to University and study for a degree. I am now in my final year of 6 form, studying A level Geography, ICT and Business Studies, with also an 'AS' level in Physics. I originally started out with also Maths but dropped this due to me finding the course affecting my study time on other subjects. Moral of the story I think, is that your much better off with excellent grades in subjects you enjoy, than crap grades in ones you've taken, just for the sake of someone telling you that you need them to be a pilot.
I am now applying to University to study 'BSc Physical Geography' as I believe that by going to University, I will learn how to become more independent, motivate myself, and to make my own decisions. I think that this will be of great help to me when I do eventually apply to a flying school or an airline. Also, by going to University I will be able to enjoy a great experience of being a student and meet a large variety of new friends. Finally, the main aspect will be that I will always have something to fall back on, and a degree is the bestest thing!!!
I am glad to see that I am not the only one who is in this position, but at the moment, I believe that University is the best option!!