PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - airlines recruiting low houred guys (250-400 hrs) ish!
Old 29th Jun 2006, 20:35
WX Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The word "integrated" springs to mind.

That and being recommended by the CFI of the FTO.

Aviator:

If you can't afford an FIC or CTC, and you are just dead keen to get flying, can I suggest a job at the "a*se end of aviation"? i.e. aerial photography.

The pay is cr*p, it looks cr*p on a CV (with some exceptions) but it does pay. And it can open some doors (maybe not the ones you are looking for, but it will open some doors).

A guy I know is faffing about in 172s making good contacts. When I leave my job (PA31-350) he will most likely be taking that. From there, the next step up may be air taxi, and from there to corporate jets. It's a completely different route from the well trodden one on the path towards Jack Walker House and Sutton Harbour but it may work for you.

Reading the "what's going on in Scotland" thread makes me realise that basically I'm not what the airlines are looking for (I have too much, or too little, experience- depending which way you look at it), so therefore I have had to revise my expectations of my career. Maybe at some point in the future I will have what an airline might be looking for, but for the moment I have set my sights on the LHS of a Gulfstream V.

What I'm really trying to say is this. If airlines are the only thing you want to do: keep firing the CVs off. If flying is what pushes your buttons (pun intended) then get any job you can that involves flying an aeroplane.