PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2006, 20:17
Always_broken_in_wilts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have read this thread regularly and seldom posted, apart from trying to persuade Walt to stop blethering about US conspiricies with regards to equipment NOT FITTED TO THIS A/C AT THE TIME OF THIS INCIDENT, as others hear are far more informed than I however I cannot help but ask JP, and CAZ for that matter to answer my humble question.

"I do not recall being asked, but that apart, my answer is that the crew would have seen ahead of them, hills that were wholly or partly covered in cloud and mist"

Do you actually KNOW this is what the crew saw in front of them, I fully understand you base your supposition on the evidence of the two yachtsmen but could you swear on a bible, bet your last dollar etc etc that your version is ACTUALLY what the two pilots saw? Bearing in mind the yachtsmen were seperated vertically and laterally from the A/C how accurate is their intepretation?

The only people who really know what happened, what was visible from the flight deck windows, what caused this terrible incident are the four dead crew members an no amount of supposition on our parts will ever determine with complete confidence and certainty what ACTUALLY happened!

There are lots of folks who think your version of events is probably right but they would all aggree that "probably" does not cut the mustard with regards to the verdict in this case. You will notice that hardly anyone has tried to argue you are wrong, in fact all they have suggested is that your CERTAINTY is based on supposition and supposition cannot be used to dermine guilt in this case.

I would humbly suggest, no hint of sarcasm or bile intended guys, to Brian, Tandem and the like that you good folks will never convince JP or Caz to admit that the degree of certainty required to convict the two pilots in this manner has never been properly satisfied and with this in mind maybe a truce should be called and the fight to clear Rick and John's good names continued without this diversion.

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced