PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - airlines recruiting low houred guys (250-400 hrs) ish!
Old 29th Jun 2006, 17:25
the aviator1977

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
airlines recruiting low houred guys (250-400 hrs) ish!

Dear All,

I have recently been unsuccessful at stage 2 with Thomsonfly. I was really disappointed not to get it as they look like a great airline to work for. Job for life some might say including myself. The feedback said that I passed both the normal and psychologist interview but wasn't quite up to speed on the sim. I can only put that down to nerves and/or lack of practice/experience flying IF which is too expensive for me to practice. I did spend £289 recently (on the credit card as I'm not well off at all) for 1 hr practice before the sim assessment.

I have also been unsuccessful recently at the ba connect interview. I find it very heartbraking (especially when family are all behind you hoping for the best) to go through each interview and then not to be successful.

However, I'm determined to succeed and will never give up. But what I need now (as I suspect a lot of other fatpl holders need too) is a bit of guidance of who best to apply to now. Which airlines will look at low houred guys who haven't got a type rating and who haven't been to an integrated school or even an less well known (but jaa approved) modular training route such as myself.

I've tried flybe, eastern airways, cityjet, air southwest, loganair, bmi regional, bmi baby, isles of scilly skybus several times. I'm hitting my head against a brick wall. I've been qualifed for over 2 years. I can't afford an instructors rating and/or get a loan for CTC. I need to live with some money!

Please help me. Any info will be grealty appreciated.

Regards

The Aviator1977