PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTO styles - too militaristic and conformist?
Old 29th Jun 2006, 17:22
Regis Potter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have to agree with WWW on this one.
I'm amazed at the number of students who can't apparently dress themselves properly for school each day. I'm sorry but if you can't iron a shirt or be bothered to wear a belt/polish shoes etc are you really cut out for a career where you will be expected to wear a uniform properly each working day. A previous employer of mine would instill the sense of corporate responsibility that came with wearing a uniform; we would be disciplined for not wearing items (e.g. caps whilst walking through the terminal) or looking shabby whilst acting as an ambassador of the airline in public. We are indeed in a changing world but that doesn't mean that you can't still have standards.

Is it me or have things really gone downhill since the adoption of JAR; like WWW says
Instead there is a culture of consumerism, of rights, that all must have prizes and that no individual is better than any other. That nobody can shout at you and that the school fails you and not the other way around. That anybody purporting to be an authority figure is likely considered a bully.
This is exactly how it is in flight training in the U.K. today. Pity really.