PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining RAF ATCO
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2006, 14:22
Shamrock274

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Joining RAF ATCO

Just writting for Advice

Ive just been browsing the RAF careeres website, I didnt quite understand something....(sorry if its a couple of dumb questions??)

1. If you want to be an ATCO do you have to joing as Flight Operayions Officer and then progress to ATC or can you apply directly for ATCO??

2. How long might the process take from interview to qualifying and is the ATCO training selection and process very different from civilian?? Is it very competitive to get in, are the selection tests similar to NATS

3. What is the pay like, during trainning and after, and what is the carrer progression like...... retirement age etc and how long do you have to serve abroad and at home etc.....

4. After serving in the RAF, how hard would it be to transition into civilian ATC.

I would be gratefull if anyone has more infor, please fel free to PM, i am genuinly interested in becoming an ATC, Im 27 and married , so im not eligible for Eurocontrol and beacause of family and personal reasons i cant apply till next year when im 28 and that leaves a very small window for NATS.....

Any help will be welcomed... thanks