PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair
Thread: Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2006, 13:33
atse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cloudscape I'm happy that my facts are more accurate that the rosy picture you paint. Let's take one example:
Also new pilots are paid from the first day of training
This will come as news to many. Would you be good enough to tell us what specific category of new pilot you are referring to, what it is that they are paid and what kind of commitment to payment appears in the contract for the period from the start to the end of their first couple of years employment?

As it says in the document which the grim repa refers to above, there are always exceptions that permit broad claims to be made which cover up the reality experienced for most Ryanair pilots. It's not that exceptions don't take place, but clearly you have not been around Ryanair for long if you make such a broad claim.

How does the following sound to you "gee I'm sorry we no longer have any positions for full time employees, so you are going to become a contractor - we'll try to get you a position when a vacancy comes up" - "But I was told I would be a full time employee!" - "Gee, sorry that's the way it is".

OR "I know that is what is says in your contract, but your sector pay is now at this reduced rate .... ".

Ever heard of conversations like that cloudscape?